Friday, January 22, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I stopped making resolutions long ago, the ever over achieving suck-up that I am could not handle something on a to do list with a time constraint not getting done. Well folks perhaps that was to drastic, perhaps instead of making those big resolutions like everyone else, I should stick with manageable for me resolutions... so this year that's what I'm trying. Notice I gave it 3 weeks before posting! So of course there is everyone's wishful hope that usually gets crushed by some monetary crisis... but I made a plan! I hope to be Credit Card debt free by the end of the year. We've been so behind the 8 ball for so many years, paycheck to almost paycheck... why can't the bill companies realize that if I get paid on the 31st they aren't going get that payment on the 2nd? Anyway... for at least until late spring I'll be working 3 jobs. We just paid off our 4 highest interest bills smart thinking there, and will make as large of payments each month as possible on the next highest interest bill. We sat down and made a plan... in some ways that is almost more important to me than completing this resolution! My second resolution is Miss Lisa's fault :P she thought it would be fun to try something new every week... I thought so too, but that it would not work with my debt free resolution, so I downsized it. Every other week I try a new wine, every other week I try a new mixed drink! My first mixed drink was a Homecoming equal parts Irish Cream, and Amaretto... liquid candy is all I have to say! Then I tried the Hazlitt Vineyards Red Cat Wine, meow... I don't like red wine... well now I do! This weeks drink was a Widget... I don't suggest it... if you like girly drinks, that is...equal parts gin and peach schnapps. It would have been much better if I had added ginger ale, or doubled the schnapps I think. Next shall be the Hazlitt Vineyards White Cat!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't use me as a benchmark for New Year's Resolutions! I think you are doing a better job of meeting yours this year.